Gifted: 12 Days of Handmade features various ideas for making handmade gifts, homemade decor, gift wrapping ideas and also includes free downloadable projects to print.
I never get enough Christmas trees as holiday decor. There are so many creative ways to transform a simple styrofoam shape into a beautiful wonderland. I made these pair of trees last year as a gift and wanted to share them as part of this series.
A PAIR OF TREES DIY PROJECT
1. Two Different Sized Styrofoam Cones
2. Large sheets of decorative paper found at speciality stationary stores, wallpaper or wrapping paper.
3. Two strips of decorative paper (roughly about 1" x 10") for paper rosette
4. Two small paper doilies
5. Vintage fabric button or decorative tack
6. Bakers Twine or embroidery string
7. Two strips of paper (roughly 3" x 8") for scroll sign and letters JOY from craft store
8. Two scraps of paper for floral punch
10. Glue gun and mod podge
1. Wrap the styrofoam cones in decorative paper, gluing the seams. Do not worry if the tip of the cone is perfectly covered. The stars will cover up any imperfections.
2. Wrap tinsel garland around the "tree", using a glue gun to adhere the ends to the cone.
3. Create a small rosette flower by folding two thin strips of decorative paper accordian style and gluing the ends together.
4. Using a glue gun, attach a small floral punched paper to the center of the rosette. Add a vintage button to the middle and attach the finished rosette flower to top of the cone.
5. To top the second "tree", use a glue gun to adhere a small floral punched paper to the center of a doily. Add a vintage button and tie a string around the button. Use a glue gun to attach the finished "star" to the top of the cone.
6. To create the banner, mod podge two strips of decorative paper together. While the glue is still wet, shape the ends of the banner by rolling them tightly inward. Hold until the rolled ends stay intact. You can also paper clip the ends in place. One the glue banner dries, use a glue gun to adhere letters J-O-Y or word of your choice.
A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord." Isaiah 11:1-2
Subscribe now to receive more Christmas DIY projects via email or feeder.
Today's project is linked with You: Create series.